Oh, you think you have a Base Tan?
Now that we are approaching Labor Day Weekend many people are forgoing a healthy slather of sunscreen before hitting the beach because they “have a base tan” that has been expertly curated all summer by many mild to severe sunburns.
Was it worth it?
Even a single sunburn can increase a person’s risk of skin cancer, according to the American Academy of Dermatology, and a single blistering sunburn can nearly DOUBLE one’s lifetime risk of melanoma, the most deadly form of skin cancer.
A “base tan” affords almost no protection against future ultraviolet exposure. A base tan only provides an SPF of 3 or less, according to the U.S. surgeon general. That means if a person normally STARTS to turn pink after 10 minutes in the sun, an SPF 2 “base tan” would theoretically buy them another 10 minutes before they start to burn.
Even If this base tan is providing minimal protection against burning from UVB rays it is doing NOTHING to protect against the UVA rays. UVA rays, sometimes called “aging rays” penetrate skin most deeply and lead to wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and cellular damage.
However, we do understand that a sunkissed look can really boost one’s confidence in a bikini or at any event, and thereby adhere to the motto “if you can’t tone it, tan it.” So what do we do?
- Natalie is awesome! She is a Licensed Esthetician so … she gets it.
- Being a natural/organic product enthusiast herself (formally an international educator for Eminence Organic Skin Care) she uses SJOLIE Sunless spray tan solution that is made of naturally derived ingredients certified vegan and PETA.. The “base” of this tan is SUGAR! The DHA is naturally derived from SUGAR cane and SUGAR beets which reacts with the skins amino acids to produce pigment.
- Natalie comes right to your house and uses a handheld spray gun so you get the PERFECT tan, no unevenness.
Our second choice is an at home sunless tan like Organic Gradual Sunless Tan Firming Lotion. This product is great because…
- You can apply it at home, or in a pinch when there were too many things on the to do list to schedule with All Things Glow
- You can take it with you on vacation to keep the fake tan flawless.
- That’s right everyone it firms those “can’t tone it” areas.
Remember, a sunless tan DOES NOT give you any protection from UVB or UVA Rays so remember to use a super hydrating Broad Spectrum SPF like Eminence Organic’s Tropical Vanilla Day Cream SPF 32 and COOLA Classic Body Organic Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50. It will keep your skin and your sunless tan looking beautiful for longer.
Make sure you have your SPF for Labor Day, and take advantage of this offer!